By raise of hands, how many of you love banana bread? Yeah, I thought so. Everyone.
And how many of you love cinnamon + sugar? Yeah. Everyone.
You're going to LOVE this bread. The cinnamon/sugar balance the banana bread perfectly. It's just right. I want you to try this. Today. You can thank me later.
Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread
For the bread:
- 3 over ripe bananas, mashed up
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
For the swirl:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 TSP cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350. Butter & flour a loaf pan.
2. Mix bananas, melted butter, sugar, egg and vanilla together. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt around the top of the banana mixture. Then gently stir in the flour. Be careful not to over-mix.
3. In a small dish, mix together the 1/3 cup of sugar and TSP of cinnamon for the swirl.
4. Add 1/2 of the batter to the loaf pan and then sprinkle half (or a little more) of the cinnamon/sugar mixture all over the batter. Add the rest of the batter and then sprinkle the remaining cinnamon/sugar on top.
5. Bake for 50-60 minutes (just be careful to keep on eye on it!)