I'll be the first one to tell you that I'm a huge fan of breakfast food (and so is my hubs). I'm talking anything that fits the breakfast category - cereal, bagels, pastries, quiche, french toast, waffles. Oh + let's not forget about bacon. Probably the best breakfast food ever if you ask me. Everything really is better with bacon so when I saw a recipe for a zucchini breakfast pie, my thoughts immediately went to "Wow. That looks good but it would be even better with bacon" and off I went modifying the recipe to suit my taste buds + here's what I got. Not to brag but it's pretty darn delicious. I dare you to just eat one slice.
Zucchini Breakfast Pie
- 1 package (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise & quartered
- 1/4 butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (all I had was cheddar & parmesan so I combined the two)
- 6 pieces of cooked bacon, crumbled (or torn if you prefer bigger pieces)
- 1 medium Roma tomato, thinly sliced
Separate the crescent dough into eight triangles: place in a greased 9-inch pie plate with the points facing toward the center. Press into bottom and up on the side to form a crust. Seal seams and perforations. Bake at 375 degrees for 5-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
in a large skillet, saute zucchini in butter until tender; stir in the
seasonings. Spoon into crust. Combine the eggs, cheese and bacon. Pour
over zucchini mixture and top with tomato slices. Bake at 375 degrees
for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out
clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting then slice it up + enjoy!