I am so pumped to share this yummy goodness with you guys! Homemade snicker bars that are healthy and delicious? Oh yes!
It's no secret that I love sweets. And candy bars? Well, they're amazing. But I've been trying my hardest not to eat processed junk so here we are. I give you the clean(er) snicker bar. And I have Olena from ifoodreal to thank for this amazing creation. Thanks, Olena!
Clean(er) Snicker Bars
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 Tbs coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (use gluten free, if needed)
- 10-12 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 plain peanuts
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- 2 Tbs peanuts, finely chopped
- Sea salt, to taste
- In a medium bowl, add peanut butter, oil, vanilla extract, salt and mix to combine. Add in your oats and mix well. Transfer to prepared loaf pan and spread in an even layer using your hands and a spatula.
- Place pitted dates, inside side down, a butterfly shape, tightly in a single layer over the oat layer, leaving no gaps. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup peanuts.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in microwave or double boiler. Pour over layers and spread with a spatula. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and sea salt.
- Freeze for an hour. Remove from loaf pan by lifting parchment paper flaps. Slice into bars and enjoy frozen. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for 3-4 months but I doubt they'll last that long!