I am a huge fan of gluten. Always have been. But I recently found out that I have a high sensitivity to gluten. This is the girl that slapped the hashtag #glutenforever on a recent Instagram post (oh the irony). I decided to start cutting out my beloved gluten in baby steps. Baking was my first challenge because boy, do I love to bake. And of course, eat baked goods like any normal person. It's still a challenge but I've found a few successes and these cookies are definitely one of them! They're super chocolately and fudgey and delicious! Oh and did I mention they're really easy and filled with healthy fats? Hello, Avocado!
Gluten Free Avocado Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 3/4 cup avocado flesh (about one medium avocado)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl using a hand mixer (or pulse everything in a blender or food processor), mix together avocado and sugar until smooth. Add in the egg.
- Mix in cocoa powder and baking soda. Add in chocolate chunks.
- Using two spoons, place dollops of cookie dough on a prepared baking sheet with parchment paper. The cookie won't spread as much as usual, so flatten them out a bit with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookies no longer stick to the parchment paper.
- Cool down and keep in an airtight container in the fridge!
*This recipe makes 8-10 medium size cookies or 6 large cookies. Enjoy!
Recipe from The Sprouted Fig.