I love avocado. I love on sandwiches, in salads, on tops of soup or rice. It's seriously one of my favorite super foods so when I saw this recipe, I was beyond excited to try it! It's creamy, garlicky, lemony + satisfying. It's also a cinch to put together so it's perfect for a quick weeknight meal.
Pasta with Avocado "Cream" Sauce
- 1 medium ripe avocado, pitted + halved
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 servings, 6 oz. of your favorite pasta
*freshly ground pepper to taste
- Bring several cups of water to a boil + cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, place your garlic cloves, lemon juice + olive oil and blend until smooth. Then add in your pitted avocado, basil + salt. Process until smooth and creamy.
- When pasta is done cooking, drain in strainer and place in large bowl. Pour sauce over pasta + toss until completely combined. Sprinkle on the ground pepper + serve immediately.